NOTE: This website is deprecated. All the same blogs + comments are now available at http://blog.quaddmg.com. You can go to the same article by going to http://blog.quaddmg.com/articles/YYYY/MM/DD/article-name

11/11/2003

Time warp

After reading a thread on SA, it has occurred to me that every single person on this planet is crazy. Here are the strange things about me:

- I cannot close a door normally. I must close them as silently as possible. Car doors can be tricky.

- I get very uncomfortable when eating in public. Usually, I decide to just go without.

- Styrofoam. The sound, the texture – all of it. It takes all of my willpower to prevent myself from leaving the room when it’s around.

- If I only have a day’s growth, I shave without any foam, gel, liquid or even water assistance. Yeah, I’m so tough.

- I am always rearranging a word in my head. Always. I usually sort them in combinations of vowel/consonant patters and in alphabetical order. Did I mention always? For a few hours now, I’ve been sorting the name Whitney over and over. As a result, I’ve become quite good at anagrams, and can instantly alphabetise any word thrown at me.

- An idle, unwatched television makes me cranky, and will eventually turn me insane.

- I eat a mixed plate of food in order of my preference for it (my least liked first)

- I often combine words when I can’t pick between two equally good ones to use. For example: Hover and Levitate can become Hovitate. I usually don’t realise I’ve done it for maybe half a minute.

- WILL PEOPLE PLEASE STOP TOUCHING MY MONITOR? YOUR SAFETY HANGS IN THE BALANCE!

- I like sitting on my hands.

- I really hate wearing shoes.

- Milk and red cordial. Come on, it (probably) won’t kill you!

- I dislike shortening names, or using nicknames. Every time someone calls me “Nath”, a kitten dies (by my hands).

- I don’t like having “things” on me. Wallet, watch, phone – all bad.

- I enjoy purposely having the scars on my arm on display. Children have no qualms asking “What did you do?!” and touching them, where as most everyone else squirms and tries to look at them as discreetly as possible.

- When walking with people, I tend to shift to the far right, slightly behind. If I by chance end up being the “leader” I usually just stop where I am, letting someone else lead. I have a poor sense of direction, and often forget where I’m going.

- Of all the accents I do, the only one I fail utterly and completely is the Scottish one – it’s my main ethnic background!

- Due to a crazy computer chair, I was unable to grow hair on my shins for a good portion of my life. I’m only now recovering.

- I mix up people’s names quite often. A common thing for many people, but what sets me apart is that I don’t even assign them to the right gender.

- I’ve probably clicked the buttons on my mouse about 1000 times all over the page while writing this.

- My handwriting has not changed since the age of about 7. I also cannot touch the “non-shiny” parts of wooden pencils. Some types of pencil have a covering that is similar to the main wooden part of the pencil, and after about a minute of use, I break out in a sweat and have to breathe for a minute.

- I chew pens perhaps a little bit too much. A pen is often destroyed before it runs out of ink. Several times during high school has a pen burst and emptied its contents into my mouth.

- Oh, I watch Passions, and plan on marrying Teresa.


Oh dear, it seems like I can go on forever with this list. But hey, at least I don’t steam like Michael does!

 Comments (0)
<< Home