NOTE: This website is deprecated. All the same blogs + comments are now available at http://blog.quaddmg.com. You can go to the same article by going to http://blog.quaddmg.com/articles/YYYY/MM/DD/article-name

2/28/2005

The Ruddmeister

I met Lewis Rudd yesterday. He goes Jehovah's witness...ing with his mum sometimes. Awkward, but luckily we haven't talked about God yet. He's doing pretty well. He's been married for 2 odd years to someone he was dating in year 12 (not from our high school). He's designing high speed motors for a company that makes aerosol cans, if I remember correctly. I kinda must've missed a sentence because I ended up talking about high speed motors and asked "so what kinds of motors do you make?", to which he replied "we don't make the motors, we make aerosol cans". Good one, Kalsi.

He lives near the station, and works at Ingleburn Industrial area. 5 minutes to work etc. No traffic, no bullshit. His wife does kitchen design (drafting and all that jazz), so they're both designers. It's so cute I could hug them both. Perry's doing Horticulture, something I lovingly refer to as "lawn stuff".

I resisted the temptation of saying "So, if I ever wanted high speed motors in a kitchen...". I did however mention that we're trying to make an aerosol powered gun, so he could help out with that :). Oh yeah, and he's still fucking tall.
 Comments (1)
Every now and then when I'm in the city I see people from high school. I can never remember people's names, so I'll probably have to look at year photos or something to find out who they are.

I do remember seeing Ray at the station, however. I thought about going over and starting up a conversation with him, pretending that it hasn't been 5 (or whatever) years since we last spoke, but he was talking with two other guys at the time (probably uni friends). I hate uni friends.

What's funny, however, is how not a single person seems to recognise me. Well, even today I still feel strange when I see myself without the glasses. That said, I imagine I'm still one of the most recognisable people from behind. At least, I think so. I tried looking at my rear profile with the bathroom mirror. Clearly, such a thing isn't possible.
 

Add Comment


<< Home