NOTE: This website is deprecated. All the same blogs + comments are now available at http://blog.quaddmg.com. You can go to the same article by going to http://blog.quaddmg.com/articles/YYYY/MM/DD/article-name

6/29/2006

Quaddmg club

I hope I'm not overstepping the mark here, as I am not a moderator, but I think it may be time where we write down some thoughts of rules etc. for contributing to this site. I think we should keep in mind that this should remain as open a forum as possible, but people also need to be able to contibrute without fear of flame wars etc.

First rule of Quaddmg club; No-one talks about Quaddmg club. (Sorry, I know it's old, but it had to be said)

I think we can all agree that this site is where people can voice there own opinions about things, and they shouldn't be taken as a personal attack against other bloggers.

I also think that it's in everyone's interest that, whenever someone posts something that others may have an opinion about, we all have the right to comment and post/voice our own opinions about that particular subject - even if it's in total disagreement. Name-calling should obviously be avoided.

I'm sure no-one here purposefully comments on others' posts disagreeing with them just because a particular blogger posted it.

For me, I welcome people to disagree with my own thoughts. I always try to keep my mind open and objective on subjects - and never discount the fact that I may change my mind later. That's not to say I never feel passionate about things (quite the opposite, there are many many things I feel passionately about), but I feel being stubborn and closed minded on issues doesn't exactly promote a healthy learning environment for your mind. If I were to post something and no-one commented, or someone basically just said 'yes I agree', then who's to say my opinion is the be all and end all of that subject? Hearing from many different sources is a good thing.

I love reading other people's opinions about my posts; if I am to post something, I obviously have a strong enough opinion about it to write it down for the world (all 10 of us, or however many people read this site) to see - and for someone else to also have a strong enough opinion about it to write down their own views, to me is somewhat of a compliment. I view getting comments on a post, whether negative or positive, as a good sign. People are actually listening to what I have to say.

In summary, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion about things - and people need to recognise that everyone's views are not always going to be the same. If you were right about everything - I'm sure you would find the world a boring place.
 Comments (9)
I feel we should be personally attacking other bloggers, but not the ones on this site.
 
If you ever do anything to the effect that I feel put down or out of place either because I was denied attending university or have never had a female interested in me, I guarantee that I will react with the contempt you deserve, period.
 
Anonymous Anonymous
Wow, I post a (rather incoherent) comment and come back a while later and suddenly find that it's opened a can of worms.

I don't want to cross any boundaries here as I'm just a visitor to the blog, but thanks Tim for your post, otherwise I would have felt pretty shitty about stirring the pot. (which I didn't know existed!)

Gangrenous Bob (I have no idea what your given name is, but the nickname seems apt), I don't think anyone here is immature or bigoted enough to disagree with your post purely due to the fact that you lack a university education or love life. However, your knee-jerk reactions have revealed what I find to be an unpleasant side to your personality.

I don't see how any of the comments made could have possibly made you feel put-down or out-of-place. If any of my comments were personally insulting to you, then I shall apologise for being insensitive. However, somehow I don't feel that I should be the one doing the apologising here.

I suggest that you simply ignore any future comments that I post on this site if you're unable to deal with people who disagree with you. Instead, just assume that I'm communicating with whoever else may be interested in what I have to say.
 
I said nothing about your lack of education or girlfriend. The big lesson uni taught me was that I was a lot stupider than I ever imagined, and hadn't scratched the surface of the things that people know. That plus you're not talking to a casanova here, and you know that.

I'm not sure why you're so angry here. I'd go blame something like WoW but I know better. Why is it that one of us has to be in some phase of depression? As soon as Harpy gets out of it someone else seems to have taken his place. Get some sun and eat some japanese food. Come play D&D with us. I swear I'm sorry I couldn't get you into the game last time. I'm a total noob DM.

When do I get to sulk about being a loner?
 
Anonymous Anonymous
Hehe, hope YOU'RE not on the brink at the moment Sunny. :)

Oh, and do I get to play D&D too? It's been at least 15 years since I last did!!!

P.S - Cool, I didn't realise that visitors get l33t icons too.
 
Have a girl play D&D!?!? *hyperventilates*

Glayvan.

Other than my laptop tale of woe, I'm pretty OK.
 
Blogger Tim
I didn't hear about your laptop tale of woe. Do tell... :)
 
Anonymous Anonymous
lol... and yes, DO tell us about the laptop.
 
You mean roleplay a girl, right?
 

Add Comment


<< Home