NOTE: This website is deprecated. All the same blogs + comments are now available at http://blog.quaddmg.com. You can go to the same article by going to http://blog.quaddmg.com/articles/YYYY/MM/DD/article-name

6/13/2006

Sunny's d20 campaign

What's happening with this? I'm still very interested if other people are!
 Comments (5)
Blogger Tim
So I guess no-one is interested anymore?
 
I'm always up for anything we can do, no matter what. Except, that is, for bowling, or golf, or movies, or...

I think I've mentioned this before, but my new place is always available for DnD (or whatever). Perhaps I should write an article about tabletop gaming, the obstacles that prevent us from playing and so forth? By having some sort of discussion we might be able to sort things out.
 
Blogger Tim
I have to say I also miss the traditional setting. This has nothing to do with the current GM/DM, but maybe D20 modern is just not as fantastical as we need for an escape of our daily superhero like lives.

I might add here that my house is also almost always available too. As the only one here that has their own place, it really always has been available, but I have to say that I didn't really like having people over in the past because it meant I had to clean up. Now I don't care what you think of me - there's no denying it, I'm messy/lazy! Eh, what are ya gonna do!?

Besides, it's not like you really (really really) care - and mess just adds to the atmosphere; "Look out for that undead attacking claw like creature over there. Wait, that's just one of Nick Nack's toys." Bah, my imagination really isn't that good anymore anyway.
 
So talking cows and cowboys fighting Japanese schoolgirls are not fantastical enough?

I think the problem is really the fact that the level progression so far has been pretty slow going. When you can't really make any difference to the environment and otherwise roll like retards it's kind of hard to have fun (and it's frustrating for me too). This is made worse by the fact that none of you are standard fighter characters and I really made the campaign for 4 people. Unfortunately I find it very tough to keep track of continuity, stats, and keep the story going in a fluid way, all at the same time.

It's funny that my ability to speak fluently goes out of the window while trying to keep the story in my head. Trying to act as a moderator as well doesn't help. Worse is the fact that I have no idea how to give out XP, or write a campaign. Anyway, I'm happy to continue being the DM, or I can take a back-seat in a classic campaign
 
Yeah lets get some sort of rpg up and going again. Maybe not a post modern campaign this time ;)
 

Add Comment


<< Home